Cross Border Tax Issues

canada_usToday, more than ever, companies find themselves doing business within the U.S. and along with that, trying to understand the U.S. tax laws.  To minimize any tax liabilities and take full advantage of cross-border planning opportunities, Canadian businesses need the assistance of a Chartered Accountant who fully understands U.S. tax laws and how best to navigate them.

The team at Joseph Truscott Chartered Accountant has the unique skills and experience to deliver the result that your business requires when working outside the Canadian borders. Some of our assistance may be in the form of:

  • Strategies and due diligence in the acquisition of U.S. entities or assets
  • Structuring corporate investment and expansion into the U.S.
  • Developing tax-efficient financing structures
  • Planning expatriation of U.S. profits to Canada
  • Obtaining U.S. Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITIN’s) on behalf of clients
  • Acquiring Corporation Employer Identification Numbers
  • Expediting U.S. Federal and State payroll processing
  • Referrals to individuals and organizations that can assist with immigration, emigration and U.S. citizenship

Our team has experience in providing taxation and business services in Canadian, United States or combined tax situations, involving individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates and trusts.

For further information regarding our services we recommend you review our Additional Services, the Tax Planning Brochure, or browse through the many articles that Joe has written in the Resource Library.

Call today at 905-528-0234 for a free, no obligation consultation with Joe.